It's my pleasure to host husband and wife writing team C D Hersh today and introduce their new release, but first they're gong to share their top 10 paranormal romance movies with you. What are you favorites, feel free to leave us a comment and let us know.
Sarah, thanks so much for hosting us today.
We thought we’d share our top 10 paranormal romance movies with the readers today. You will note there is no horror in our choices because we like to sleep at night. No vampires, either, because Catherine has had a thing about vampires ever since she dreamt she was bitten by one and woke up with red all over her nightgown. No, it was not blood but the polish from her nails she had not let dry before going to bed. LOL.
So on with our list:
10. The Princess Bride (1987) is a classic fairy tale with all the fairy tale elements you would expect: swordplay, giants, an evil prince, a beautiful princess, and romance. Got to have the romance. (say no more, The Princess Bride is a firm favorite with me)
9. The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (1947) is set in 1900 where a young widow finds her seaside cottage is haunted by a former owner. The pair forms a unique relationship that lasts beyond life.
8. Brigadoon (1954) is a classic musical that is still playing today in community theaters and high schools. Beautiful music with a classic love story. We love the time slip aspect that puts two Americans, who get lost on a hunting trip in Scotland, in a unique position when they encounter a small village, not on the map, called Brigadoon.
7. The Family Man (2000) is a humorous twist on a classic second chance theme. A rich investment broker, who thinks he has everything he needs finds out different when he wakes up to discover his sports car and girlfriend have become a mini-van and a wife.
6. What Women Want (2000) takes a funny look at giving a man what many think they want. The ability to know what women are really thinking. This shows how big a mistake that is, especially when the guy is a chauvinist.
5. Bewitched (2005). We’ve loved “Bewitched” since it was a television show. Watching this movie was like visiting an old friend. Nicole Kidman was a perfect replacement for Elizabeth Montgomery. This took a different spin from the television show in that the story line was about a remake of the classic show “Bewitched.” A real witch gets cast in the role of Samantha and gives an egocentric actor his comeuppance.
4. Splash (1984). Who doesn’t love mermaids? A man falls in love with a mermaid not knowing who/what she is. A fish tale with a romantic twist.
3. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008). This is a bitter sweet romance about a man who starts aging backwards. This one took us by surprise.
2. Ghost (1990) is Catherine’s all time favorite, partly because she loves Patrick Swayze. Love is so strong that the hero is able to reach across the veil and connect with the woman he loves. (had me weeping for days)
1. The Lake House (2006). No question about it. This movie is our favorite time slip movie. The complexity of figuring out the time line for exchanging love letters between the former resident and current resident of the lake house, using a mailbox, captures our imaginations. They must unravel the mystery behind their extraordinary romance before it's too late.
As you can see from our movie list, we like time travel, ghosts, and unique portrayals of supernatural with a hint of comedy and romance. This fits with what we write about, which are unique shape shifters. Our new book, Blood Brothers, not only has magic and not-the-run-of-the-mill shape shifting, but two interwoven story lines and love stories with suspense and drama. We hope you’ll enjoy this blurb and excerpt:
When Delaney Ramsey is enlisted to help train two of the most powerful shape shifters the Turning Stone Society has seen in thousands of years, she suspects one of them is responsible for the disappearance of her daughter. To complicate matters, the man has a secret that could destroy them all. Bound by honor to protect the suspect, Delaney must prove his guilt without losing her life to his terrible powers or revealing to the police captain she’s falling for that she’s a shape shifter with more than one agenda.
The minute Captain Williams lays eyes on Delaney Ramsey, he knows she’s trouble. Uncooperative, secretive, and sexy, he can’t get her out of his mind. When he discovers she has a personal agenda for sifting through all the criminal records in his precinct, and secretly investigating his best detective, he can’t let her out of his sight. He must find out what she’s looking for before she does something illegal. If she steps over the line, he’s not certain he can look the other way for the sake of love.
Title – Blood Brothers, The Turning Stone Chronicles
Author – C.D. Hersh
Genre – Paranormal Suspense Romance
Heat Level - Sensual
Release Date: October 29, 2014
Available right now on AMAZON
Putting words and stories on paper is second nature to co-authors C.D. Hersh. They’ve written separately since they were teenagers and discovered their unique, collaborative abilities in the mid-90s. As high school sweethearts and husband and wife, Catherine and Donald believe in true love and happily ever after.
Together they have co-authored a number of dramas, six which have been produced in Ohio, where they live. Their interactive Christmas production had five seasonal runs in their hometown and has been sold in Virginia, California, and Ohio. Their most recent collaborative writing efforts have been focused on romance. The first book of their paranormal romance series entitled The Promised One (The Turning Stone Chronicles) is available on Amazon. The second book in the series Blood Brothers is coming October 29, 2014 from Soul Mate Publishing.
Where you can find CD: